If you follow this site, you will know that I have a deep and abiding love for the color pink. It’s not just having three daughters that makes me a pink fanatic, it is the fact that I find the color so fresh and pretty. It makes me happy. What is your happy color?
Moroccan courtyard in the heart of Orlando. It is beautiful.
I am constantly amazed by the imagination and beauty of lighting in today’s world. My mother was an architect and I grew up with a back porch that was illuminated by lights recessed into the ceilings and disguised as stars. A memory so lovely that I still love the night stars.
My mom would approve.
Let’s see…color, whimsical art, mixed patterns, and soft lighting.
Yep, I love it.
I am really getting excited over the use of black framed windows. They really stand out and create a beautiful visual.
If it suit your home style, use the black. It’s back.
Can’t seem to create a living room that feels quite right? Looking for some styling tips that will bring your living room up a notch? Here are five ideas that can dramatically improve your living room.
- Move the furniture away from the walls: The tendency is to place your furniture against the walls, but giving it a little room to breathe will make the seating area seem cozier while also making the room seem more spacious.
- Mix old and new pieces: Using the same furniture set to furnish an entire room can make it seem a bit sterile. Try mixing and matching different pieces and styles to give your living room a more eclectic feel.
- Keep everything low: Arranging photos and artwork lower on walls will make a room appear larger, and can also draw more attention to the pieces themselves.
- Place a bookshelf behind the sofa: It doesn’t have to be your entire personal library. Mix and match books with knick-knacks and other items to add some depth and texture to the space behind your sofa.
- Try a smaller coffee table: Your current coffee table is probably larger than it needs to be, and it may be dominating the room. Try downsizing to a table that can still hold magazines, a centerpiece, and a few drinks, but will also give you a bit more room to move around your furniture.
We are seeing a return in interior decorating for the lady of the house to have a place to sit down and apply make up and fix her hair.
I like this trend and I think it adds an elegance to any bedroom. #glamorous